Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Exodus


I've always wondered about that word last time, like when I was in pri sch reading the Bible, the word was like some super cool, very powerful word lor. Super cheem stuff eh, for a pri sch kid.

Simply, it means a going out, or leaving.

Then I guess life is plenty much about various exoduses isn't it? Our exodus from our mother's womb, our leaving of the safety of our homes into this bleak bleak world. Hmm, plenty of food for thought.

From sch, its merely a leaving of one platform to another, like playing pokemon, you keep levelling up, and the challenges become tougher, ain't it? Same with life, much like pokemon, you erh leave Pallet Town (right? :/) and venture into the world.

In the Bible, IF memory serves me well, the Exodus was about the Israelites leaving erh, OK let me go check, EGYPT! Shucks, how could I have forgotten? Was thinking bout Babylon for some reason.

So yeah, exodus, hmm, I guess it also entails more than just leaving, maybe even the idea of freedom? Perhaps the connotation of a spiritual emancipation? You know, like that of us finally being able to understand our inner most selves to the fullest, where we are in tandem with our soul. I guess God made it such that we had to find our own way to him, find our own exodus from the materialistic ways of this world, transcending the mere boundaries of the physical and embracing the spiritual.

I just took out my Bible and all this happened!! :/ But feels good, to have the verve to write like this after so long!! :)

No comments: