Sunday, January 03, 2010

I fall, you and I collide...


Emoness, I have no clue why. Lets just say I sat down, listened to two Faber Drive songs, and the fact that it's a new year hit me.

I'll be 20 this year. What have I done with my life? Probably nothing great. But greatness is a painful concept to define. If having a rather lasting relationship qualifies as great. Then yeah, maybe I have achieved something.

I feel rather lost, and pathetic now, no school to look forward to, no love life, really nothing to wake up for on the next day. My life feels static, stagnant, stagnating.

This is utterly meaningless, I've been waking up everyday, hoping for something big to happen, so that I can plan my day, TRY to have something to do. But no, nothing really huge ever crops up, no significance, nothing... special. I'm beginning to fade into the mundanity of life in the concrete swamp we live in, where everybody is part of this huge robotic automaton geared towards economic growth and material gain.

Whatever happened to the individual? The dare and verve to dream, to stand apart? To be oneself and ignore the world?

I feel like I'm losing sight of who I am.

No comments: