Second Chance
Listening to this song now, I think Faber Drive really hit the nail real hard on the head. The lyrics just scream out to me. The scenario's so real, very much like what we see happening around us. Relationships failing, love failing. Then I wondered...
Are there really second chances? I'm much inclined to believe that there are, being the idealistic Romantic, but honestly, the majority of the people of this age are linear and narrow, transient and fleeting. The memory of someone from the past probably wouldn't mean a thing after some time. This myopic world that we live in, sigh... It really feels like hell sometimes.
Then again, second chances are the hardest to get or take. I think the chorus from the song really means alot to me, its the one opportunity that we miss, that opening we never seized upon, that can make all the difference to our lives. I may not believe in love at first sight, but I feel that the eternal union of two souls can happen in a moment in time, the right words, the right actions. Like a puzzle falling into place, some things just work out so nicely. Others... well others end up bad.
I'm 19 going on 20, not knowing enough in the eyes of adults to be sure, but I think its true that in this world which values excellence and absolution, that second chances are a facade, a mere token, that there's no place for second chances in this very harsh world. We often only have one shot at something, a dream or goal, whatever it is, once you've missed it, it's so difficult to have another go at it. The liabilities of my species, the nature of sin, Pride and to a lesser extent selfishness, who would care about another? Especially a memory of the past. People live in the future, and precious few look back to the past, to history, to learn of their own flaws, to change for the better. Many try, but few make it a point to be a better person. Acceptance is one thing, being a better person, another dimension of life.
Then again, would we even recognize our own second chance if we had one?
Listening to this song now, I think Faber Drive really hit the nail real hard on the head. The lyrics just scream out to me. The scenario's so real, very much like what we see happening around us. Relationships failing, love failing. Then I wondered...
Are there really second chances? I'm much inclined to believe that there are, being the idealistic Romantic, but honestly, the majority of the people of this age are linear and narrow, transient and fleeting. The memory of someone from the past probably wouldn't mean a thing after some time. This myopic world that we live in, sigh... It really feels like hell sometimes.
Then again, second chances are the hardest to get or take. I think the chorus from the song really means alot to me, its the one opportunity that we miss, that opening we never seized upon, that can make all the difference to our lives. I may not believe in love at first sight, but I feel that the eternal union of two souls can happen in a moment in time, the right words, the right actions. Like a puzzle falling into place, some things just work out so nicely. Others... well others end up bad.
I'm 19 going on 20, not knowing enough in the eyes of adults to be sure, but I think its true that in this world which values excellence and absolution, that second chances are a facade, a mere token, that there's no place for second chances in this very harsh world. We often only have one shot at something, a dream or goal, whatever it is, once you've missed it, it's so difficult to have another go at it. The liabilities of my species, the nature of sin, Pride and to a lesser extent selfishness, who would care about another? Especially a memory of the past. People live in the future, and precious few look back to the past, to history, to learn of their own flaws, to change for the better. Many try, but few make it a point to be a better person. Acceptance is one thing, being a better person, another dimension of life.
Then again, would we even recognize our own second chance if we had one?
No comments:
Post a Comment