Night Run
The scent of you in the air
I can’t find you anywhere
Tonight, yes tonight I’m missing you
The world a blackish hue
I've been running for hours
Away from or after you, I’ll never know
Feeling my heartbeat ever so slow
If only you could be here with me
I’ll make you a promise for eternity
Of a Love that will never falter
That is steadfast in raging water
A light that will see you save
Back home, to your distant conclave
I’m passing time out in the night
Thinking that someday I might
Tell you what I feel
Show you that my love is real
I know of the brokenness in your heart
Together, from this place we could depart
My shadow my sole confidant
As I run, I’m crying
Can’t say how much you mean to me
My love laid bare for you to see
As darkness takes me home
I can’t believe you’re gone
No it’s just my imagination
A fearful contemplation
I hope I wouldn’t have to face
Your smile leaves me in a daze
I find myself in my room all alone
And I thought I saw you, during my night run
No comments:
Post a Comment