Mid December Crisis
Huh huh... Today feels like one of those days, the kind where you wanna just sit down, and reflect, and think of all that has happened this past year. Its the 13th today, 17 more days and it'll be the end of 2009, a year which has to me, been a year for the better, things getting better, progress in life. Finding my way abit more as well. Regaining and resurrecting old friendships, meeting new people, new love, quite a year to be honest. And yet, I'm afraid to let it all go away now that it's almost over.
Hearing everywhere about the 2012 thingy, I've come to realise how precious time and life are. How much time can I still afford to waste? How much of my life has been so unfullfilling? I'll probably never know the depth of it.
I guess for next year, going into NS and all. I'll have much less time for friends, less time for social life. Yet I hope some things can change, some dreams can be realised, also hope that my A level results are good too! I mean, I know I've probably tried my best. Having not studied for so long, the effort I put in feels like the best I've done since primary 6.
Life feels rather complete, yet I do miss the feeling of having someone to look forward to, just someone to be there, sit there and just look at me. No words, no actions, just to sit there, and share the same thoughts, share the same future. Doesn't everyone want something like that too?
I think this year has really made me see the harsh reality of the world, and to embrace all its anger and deceit and try my best to be unlike the world, to set myself apart from all the strife, all the hatred and just accept people, yet fight for what I believe in. Nothing is perfect in this bleak world, but more often that not, it is the beauty of imperfection which gives us such joy, rather than the mundanity of perfection which so many deem to be the pinnacle of human life. I've learned that the hard way, and also taught that cruel lesson to others. Life is a journey of lessons, and sometimes it is those that we've learned the best, which we impart with the greatest understanding.
Cheers to a newer, older, and perhaps more enriching and even more meaningful year to come very soon!
Huh huh... Today feels like one of those days, the kind where you wanna just sit down, and reflect, and think of all that has happened this past year. Its the 13th today, 17 more days and it'll be the end of 2009, a year which has to me, been a year for the better, things getting better, progress in life. Finding my way abit more as well. Regaining and resurrecting old friendships, meeting new people, new love, quite a year to be honest. And yet, I'm afraid to let it all go away now that it's almost over.
Hearing everywhere about the 2012 thingy, I've come to realise how precious time and life are. How much time can I still afford to waste? How much of my life has been so unfullfilling? I'll probably never know the depth of it.
I guess for next year, going into NS and all. I'll have much less time for friends, less time for social life. Yet I hope some things can change, some dreams can be realised, also hope that my A level results are good too! I mean, I know I've probably tried my best. Having not studied for so long, the effort I put in feels like the best I've done since primary 6.
Life feels rather complete, yet I do miss the feeling of having someone to look forward to, just someone to be there, sit there and just look at me. No words, no actions, just to sit there, and share the same thoughts, share the same future. Doesn't everyone want something like that too?
I think this year has really made me see the harsh reality of the world, and to embrace all its anger and deceit and try my best to be unlike the world, to set myself apart from all the strife, all the hatred and just accept people, yet fight for what I believe in. Nothing is perfect in this bleak world, but more often that not, it is the beauty of imperfection which gives us such joy, rather than the mundanity of perfection which so many deem to be the pinnacle of human life. I've learned that the hard way, and also taught that cruel lesson to others. Life is a journey of lessons, and sometimes it is those that we've learned the best, which we impart with the greatest understanding.
Cheers to a newer, older, and perhaps more enriching and even more meaningful year to come very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment