Thursday, March 04, 2010

Superficial Is What Superficial Gets


I guess thats very true then, think about relations, interactions, think about actions, consequences.
Heck, why don't we just consider life?

Having been in existence for what... 19 years? I feel old enough to say I've seen alot about life, yet I'm still too young to say I know life. I've always admired hardworking people, maybe cos I've never been that type of person. Not that I do not believe in hard work, I just believe that everything needs to be done in balance. I look down on materialistic people, yet I've realised that it is a necessary evil in our lives. Society as we know it is pretty much driven by material desire. The wants of Man push our society forward, and who am I to deny that without all this, society might very well crumble upon itself, and all these idealistic dreams we had would fall apart with it as Man degenerates back to his baser instinct, that of a mammal, an animal?

Then again, many people are already animals, world leaders squabble over territory, doesn't this sound very much like animals fighting over their own territory to you? Is not the USA's world dominance similar to that of an apex predator at the top of the food chain? Seeking to devour and consume all opposition in its path? Yes, this analogy is a tad bit extreme but it does hold some truth, after all, who likes losing power? Does anybody enjoying losses? How ironical then that it was the loss of lives at Pearl Harbour that turned the tide of war, that brought the USA into the world out of isolationism and eventually transformed it to what it is today? Perhaps losses , though not enjoyable, are needed sometimes as a catalyst for change.

If only we could all be a bit less self indulgent, and take a brief look at someone in need and offer what is ours, maybe we can shed the tag of our generation, my generation, not one of an era of technology or materialism and greed, but an age that we can call the epitome of societal perfection, where everything is in balance, where there can be world peace, lesser loss of lives, less conflict worldwide. How laughable is it, that so much of all that has been done out of selfishness?


Gosh my wrist hurts from resting on my laptop, shall continue some other time. Peace.

No comments: