240 Miles an Hour
Life has never felt so fast. It seemed just 5 minutes ago that I stepped into YJC for the first time, it felt like just 10 seconds ago that I got retained, made so many friends and experienced so much!!
Everything was such a blur back then, but every moment is so bloody clear to me now.
I rather be back in school now then at work. I rather be young then old I guess? Gosh I really miss going to YJ everyday and doing stupid things, making new friends, annoying my teachers, seeing life go by, playing football, spending time with close friends and other people who meant and still mean alot to me!! And yes I even miss skipping school!!
20 is such a big number to me. Maybe retaining really makes a difference in a person's life. I feel left behind the world, like I'm not where I should be, and looking at my friends a year into NS already, my sentiments probably bear some truth.
And yet I remember someone's words to me 2 years ago when I asked about me being retained: "Honestly, you aren't any less to me"
A voice from another life surely?
Two weeks into doing admin work at NS and I know why adults envy students.
I've never felt so much responsibility pushed onto me before. I've never felt that decisions rest upon me and bigger things can be affected by what I do.
Obviously I wish I didn't have to grow up a la Peter Pan. However that isn't an option for me.
I can't believe how far I've come, how the hell I've survived so much. It must be God, his strength and love that guides and brings me back above the waters when I'm drowning.
The past three years have been nothing short of life changing. In fact, I'd agree that the JC years have moulded me and touched me the most, more than the previous 10 years of education could ever do.
Fate, sometimes chooses a path for us we'd never have taken, and yet it deals us the hand we often want or need. I'm pretty sure if I'd never made those decisions, my life would have been much more different and less fulfilling too. For all those times that I said that YJC sucks right... I totally take them back man, cos honestly, I really miss the damn school and every corner of the mangy building!!! And most of all I miss the memories!!! :/
All this pondering got me remembering some lyrics from Trip by Hedley.
The unexpected often brings us much joy, and I still remember numerous occasions where surprises and things which I'd never thought would happen have changed my life for the better, and none more so than in the past 2-3 years.
Everything we do leads us to something, but sometimes that something is just a road to an even better gift.
Life has never felt so fast. It seemed just 5 minutes ago that I stepped into YJC for the first time, it felt like just 10 seconds ago that I got retained, made so many friends and experienced so much!!
Everything was such a blur back then, but every moment is so bloody clear to me now.
I rather be back in school now then at work. I rather be young then old I guess? Gosh I really miss going to YJ everyday and doing stupid things, making new friends, annoying my teachers, seeing life go by, playing football, spending time with close friends and other people who meant and still mean alot to me!! And yes I even miss skipping school!!
20 is such a big number to me. Maybe retaining really makes a difference in a person's life. I feel left behind the world, like I'm not where I should be, and looking at my friends a year into NS already, my sentiments probably bear some truth.
And yet I remember someone's words to me 2 years ago when I asked about me being retained: "Honestly, you aren't any less to me"
A voice from another life surely?
Two weeks into doing admin work at NS and I know why adults envy students.
I've never felt so much responsibility pushed onto me before. I've never felt that decisions rest upon me and bigger things can be affected by what I do.
Obviously I wish I didn't have to grow up a la Peter Pan. However that isn't an option for me.
I can't believe how far I've come, how the hell I've survived so much. It must be God, his strength and love that guides and brings me back above the waters when I'm drowning.
The past three years have been nothing short of life changing. In fact, I'd agree that the JC years have moulded me and touched me the most, more than the previous 10 years of education could ever do.
Fate, sometimes chooses a path for us we'd never have taken, and yet it deals us the hand we often want or need. I'm pretty sure if I'd never made those decisions, my life would have been much more different and less fulfilling too. For all those times that I said that YJC sucks right... I totally take them back man, cos honestly, I really miss the damn school and every corner of the mangy building!!! And most of all I miss the memories!!! :/
All this pondering got me remembering some lyrics from Trip by Hedley.
and you showed me how to get there,
so I tried to find a way
and I ran into your garden
but I tripped on the gate
so I tried to find a way
and I ran into your garden
but I tripped on the gate
The unexpected often brings us much joy, and I still remember numerous occasions where surprises and things which I'd never thought would happen have changed my life for the better, and none more so than in the past 2-3 years.
Everything we do leads us to something, but sometimes that something is just a road to an even better gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment